In the USA, the Ford F-150 has topped the list for bestselling truck since 1977 – that’s 40 years! For 30 years, it’s been the most popular vehicle to own.
The reason? Ford is constantly improving its model designs and innovative features both inside and outside of their trucks. In a USA Today article, the Ford president of the Americas, Joe Hinrichs, said, “Truck customers are constantly looking to improve their productivity, for work and for play.” Making sure to keep up with trends while coming up with fresh, new ideas for usability purposes are equally important with Ford.
Our Ford Dealership can show you the following newest features that make up our 2016 and 2017 F-150 models.
The 2016 F-150 brought forth five new features that affects the look as well as includes other driver helpful benefits:
- Shadow Black and Lithium Gray are exterior color options
- The Special Addition Appearance package includes new visible features such as 20 inch wheels, running boards in black, tinted headlights, distinctive side stripes, a darker grille, Alcantara seats that incorporate red stitching and red bolsters
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist capability helps with increased visibility when trailering
- Natural Gas Prep Package allows drivers to use dual fuel or accommodate for those refueling at a natural gas station
- Sync 3 Infotainment’s more user-friendly touchscreen interface, replacing MyFord Touch
Some of the 2017 F-150 features focus on the truck’s increase in power and performance:
- 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engine, producing 375 hp, and an additional 50 lb.-ft. of torque totaling 470 lb.-ft.
- 10-speed automatic transmission, improving acceleration
In the Ford Dealership near future…the 2018 F-150
Features in this model include more advanced technological attributes. According to Michelle Krebs with Autotrader.com in USA Today, “Added technology features fit with what we hear from consumers who want more and more technology, specifically safety features and information features that make them more connected.” The following are some of these technological features available with the future 2018 models:
- Apple Car Play and Android Auto, added so users can use their phones with an accommodating system
- Wi-Fi hotspot
- Additional radar and cameras to halt the vehicle if an obstruction presents itself, such as a person or vehicle
- Cruise control that can remain in use despite traffic halts
Reliability at our Ford Dealership
As the F-150 truck makes up almost a third of sales in North America, Ford is continuously striving for best. By refreshing model designs, particularly in the last few years, the 2016, 2017 and 2018 models incorporate innovative features; developments in both inside and outside of the trucks are enhanced to make for an attractive design and improved customer usability. At Dan Murphy Ford we house these outstanding 2016 and 2017 F-150 models, making them available for you to lease or purchase.